Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 4



6:08AM I am woken to the cawing of a rooster. The sunshine shines brightly thru my thin cheap curtains, if you want to call them that. I make my way into the bathroom to find no water comes out of the faucet or shower. With my wrist in pain after jumping off the bridge the day before, I struggle as I put on a pair of cargo shorts and a ball cap and make my way back out to the jungle.

Today is Bill’s last day with me till he leaves for Quito. Thankfully I will not be alone but he has left me with a few missionaries from the states that are down here for the week. One man from Alabama named Myron has been helping me lay bricks for the building in the village. I’d have to say out of all the missionaries Myron is my favorite. But then again when you lay bricks with someone for 8 hours you’re going to build a relationship with the person, whether it’s a good one or not. Luckily we share a lot in common with sports, religion and women so it makes the time go by pretty fast. To sum it up best Myron is everyone’s favorite Uncle who tells those cheesy jokes but you just can’t help but love him.


(Myron, Leslie, Me)

When we arrive to the village on the 3rd day we are confused when we notice that part of the first three layers we had already built had been torn down. Although it was our fault that the bricks weren’t lined up straight or even I was so frustrated to even start working again. Today consisted mainly of sitting around complaining, rebuilding what we had already started, and playing with the little kids. To end on a good note though, when we got back to our place we had running water again. J

(He was hunting wwrabbit)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

man, i miss you. looks like you are having a blast! wish i could be there with you.

laurette said...

Is it my imagination or does Myron look a lot like Steve Carell?
Can't help but smile. :-)
Hope your wrist is better.
Love you!!!