Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 8 (Part 2)

About 3 hours later I parted ways with the missionaries and was left with two guys named Ray, Eduardo, and his wife Amaina. You know that feeling when you break up with that significant other and you don’t really care about meeting anyone else, well that’s exactly how this felt. We went to a place for lunch where they literally lay out a pig (hornero) and you pick off the meat from it and eat it.

(Hornero)

I loved it!

And then Eduardo said I had to try this stuff called Rosera. It’s a real special drink you can only get in this town.

(Rosera) I loved it!


After that we got some chocolate covered bananas and went for a walk in an old park.

(Very old covered bridge in park)

(Very old wall in the park)

Ray, who is from Branson, Missouri, was down visiting Eduardo and Amaina for the week. We were able to connect quickly. The two of us sat down on a bench and told each other our life stories. My story was nothing compared to his, which consisted of flying all over the world, retiring 3 times, and now helping manage part of Unsion T.V. I did not open up to Eduardo and Amaina much today because their English was not too good being from Cuenca. But I knew if I was going to be staying with them for the next few nights I was going to get to know them real well.

(Park in Cuenca, Ecuador)

No comments: