Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 7

It is now Saturday August 2nd. I am taking a bus out of Sacua and heading to Cuenca.
(Cuenca, Ecuador)

I am not ready to leave Sacua but at the same time I'm ready for my next unexpected adventure. It's surprising how many relationships you can make with people in a week. One person I have to mention is Whitney from Jacksonville, Florida. Whitney is also an intern and she has lived in Sacua for the last 8 months. The main reason I like Whitney is because she knows almost everyone in the town and can interpret anything for me. She is full of energy and always has an intresting story to tell. Before I left I told her I'd probably never see her again. She hit me on the arm and then I jumped on the bus and left.
(Whitney and Me)

While driving back through the mountains I listened to my Ipod and just gazed at all the scenery. The people, the houses, the waterfalls, and the hills were all just a touch of God's beauty. Within 7 hours we had arrived in Cuenca much faster then I expected.


To celebrate my last night with the missionary team I joined them in a really nice steak house. I can't remember the last time I wasn't able to finish all my food at a restaurant. But for only $8 I stuffed my self until my tummy could not take anymore. I was in need of a meal like that.

(From left to right: Patience, Troy, Beth, Me, Leslie, Audrey, Mo, CJ, Leslie, Heather, Lindsey, Lauren, Joil and Leah's son, and Amy.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

hey daniel!! I like your blog.. it´s WAY beter than mine.. anyway.. i miss whitney.. i love your picture though.. i think i have a twin pic on my computer at home. it was great to get to meet you.. and cool to read about what your thoughts actually were since we really didn´t get to talk much.. anyway.. take care of yourself..
bekah
ps.can i just say from one KY person to another it was great to see KY represented so well. :)