Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 9

I got out of my cozy bed at 6:45am and was quickly waken when I laid my foot on the tile floor. Chills shot up my legs and sent goose bumps straight to my arms. I skipped over to the shower and turned the hot water to full power. That’s when I first realized they don’t get hot water in the mountains.

Cuenca is an interesting town. One hour the sun will be beaming down on your face then an hour later its nothing but dark clouds and cold rain. This was a cold and rainy morning. To brighten our depressing morning Eduardo and his wife, Amaina, treated me and Ray to some breakfast before we made our way into town.

We arrived at the TV station around 8:00am just in time for the morning show. After the show I met the production manager who has lived in the states and speaks very fluent English. He put me to work instantly and I began to work on editing some graphics for a later show.

(Eduardo outside of Unsion T.V.)

Time flew by until lunch when I decided to walk around town by myself for a while. I took in the beauty of this city. Just knowing that most these streets and buildings have been around for over 500 years is marvelous.

After doing my usual wandering Eduardo told me he found a ticket to the Galapagos but it leaves tomorrow. We literally ran over to the airline place just before they closed and bought my ticket for $420.

(Random UK jacket in the middle of a South American market)

At the end of the night I parted ways with Ray and Amaina telling them it was such a pleasure to meet them. Ray shook my hand and said to me, “God’s got something big planned for you Daniel.”

My flight leaves at 9am so I’m gonna get some sleep and hopefully get rid of this cold.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Oh man. That UK jacket is Tacky with a capital T. Wish you'd bought it. Then you could look very Rico Suave.

Jeannie said...

Aloha. Pam forwarded me your blog address. I am the distant cousin in Hawaii. :-) I love reading about your expedition!